The Repair Program provides health and safety related repairs for lower income homeowners who cannot accomplish or afford to do them on their own.
Habitat's Repair Program allows homeowners to age-in-place by installing railings, grab bars, repairing steps and other health and safety related issues. We can address safety issues including broken windows and exterior doors and lock concerns. We typically consider repairs that pose a threat to health and safety, or impact quality of life.
Possible Repairs Include:
- flooring repairs and replacement
- stairs and railings
- replace windows, doors and locks
- plaster and drywall
- faucets, toilets and grab bars
- minor misc. repairs
Habitat does not repair roofs, mold issues, septic systems, major electrical, major plumbing or major HVAC issues at this time.
What is the Cost?
The Repair Program is a true partnership between homeowners and Habitat. The cost of repairs is less than if done by conventional contractors. Cost is calculated based on a sliding scale that considers average cost of such a repair under standard consideration along with Partner's ability to repay the loan. Repair cost is paid back through a low- or no- interest loan/payment plan.
Partners must also complete sweat equity and education on financial budgeting/home maintenance.
What is the Criteria?
- Completion of a Home Repair Application
- Demonstration of Need, Ability to Repay and Willingness to Partner
- Proof of steady and reliable income for at least one year prior to application
- Occupant of the home for at least one year and remaining in home for next two years (owner-occupied)
- The desired repair must be within Habitat's acceptable repair scope
- Home must be in Fulton County or physically in Henry County with a Fulton County school district/mailing address
- Property taxes must be current
- No liens, judgements or non-medical collections totaling over $5000
- No bankruptcy within 2 years of application
If you wish to apply, please click on our Repair Program application or call the office to request a postal mailed copy.
Downloadable Repair Program Application Packet